Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Complete projects fitting of level of expertise and is able to deliver results with minimum guidance.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and as needed equipment maintenance checks.
- Review and write SOPs as needed.
- Participate in reagent and assay quality control and validations as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a regulated laboratory environment (CLIA/CAP).
- Minimum BS in a Biological or Life Science
- Knowledge of laboratory safety protocols.
- Ability to learn new tasks in appropriate timeframes.
- Knowledge and experience working with DNA manipulation techniques, enzymatic reactions, and sequencing chemistry.
- Familiarity with high through-put platforms and common molecular laboratory equipment (pipettes, thermocyclers, liquid handlers, etc.).
- Experience with ensuring and maintaining integrity and quality of the lab (sample processing, equipment, SOPs).
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Power Point.
- Well organized.
- Excellent communication skills.